Coronavirus pandemic: Important Policy Changes
We continue to see patients by appointment and encourage our clients to utilize curb side/car side service.Our office is open to limited human traffic. We would like to thank our wonderful clients very much for their understanding during this serious human health concern as it is our top priority to ensure the health of you and your family. We want to assure you that we are instituting these policies so that we can continue to address the health concerns of your furry family members during this unprecedented pandemic.
Appointment and Care Options During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Our current appointment procedure:
1. We ask that for ALL appointments, you please remain in your car during the check-in process.
2. Upon your arrival, please call the office 508-378-2700 to let the reception team know that you have arrived. Please let our staff know if you would prefer car-side service or would like to accompany your pet into the building for your appointment. Please dial again if the line is busy as we are doing our best to accommodate the increased phone calls. Please also try to remember to charge your cell phone and temporarily allow for unknown numbers as we are often using personal cell phones to talk with you in an effort to expand our phone line service during this time.
3. Please also let our staff know your preferred payment for your visit at this time as it will allow us to be as efficient as possible with your time.
4. Please wait in your car until we call you for your appointment.
5. We ask that anyone who is not vaccinated, recently traveled, visiting from out of state, or from a high risk area utilize our curb side/car side service. If you elect to accompany your pet only ONE person may enter the building with your pet at a time. A properly fitted (fully covering nose and mouth) face mask is REQUIRED (regardless of vaccination status) to be worn at all times. Disposable face masks are available for anyone who needs them.
6. We ask that any medications and food prescriptions be called in ahead of time. When you arrive for pickup, please call the office, and someone will bring the items out to your car.
Please note that we do not currently have a public restroom available in our office. Sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we are working hard to protect everyone's health and safety.
If you are sick with symptoms including but not limited to a fever, cough, or respiratory symptoms, DO NOT ENTER the building.
If you are sick for any reason, please call our staff prior to your scheduled appointment so that we can make arrangements to care for your pet safely. This may include asking another family member to bring your pet to their appointment, utilizing curb side/car side service, or scheduling a telemedicine consult.
Curb Side Delivery and Pick-Up:
We will deliver medications and food directly to your car curb side. We ask that you please call ahead, e-mail our office, or text via the new PetPro app, so that our team can get your medications and therapeutic diets together for you and check you out over the phone with a credit card. When you arrive, please call and let us know what numbered location you are in so that a team member can bring your medications and food directly to your car.
Video Conference Appointments:
Please ask our team members about our new
PetPro app for smart phones!
This way you can arrange for an appointment time to discuss all your pet's health care needs utilizing a real time face to face consultation with our expert team so that we can continue to assist with your needs during this serious human health pandemic.
Arranging For Video Consulting Services for EBVH Clients:
1. Please call and speak to our client care team to arrange for an appointment for video consulting at 508-378-2700.
2. You can download our new PetPro app. for videoconference or we can utilize Skype and set up a Skype account.
How to download Skype and set up an account (Click on Link): https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/
3. You will need a computer with video conference capability (including working camera, speakers, and microphone) and Internet connectivity or a mobile device with video chat capabilities which are standard for most modern smart phones. You will also need an e-mail address for us to forward the video conference invitation link to.
4. Once you have either a Skype account and an appointment, our client care team will call at the time of the appointment to arrange for payment over the phone with a credit card. If you are using the PetPro app., you can pay through the app as well. The cost of a 30 minute video consult will be the same as our in-person appointments ($65 examination/professional time fee) and includes video consultation with one of our veterinarians so that we can visually examine your pet utilizing video conferencing with your assistance. Our team can then arrange to schedule any diagnostic and/or treatment recommendations that we may have for you and how we can accommodate your pet's medical needs while reducing in-person contact during this human health pandemic.
5. For Skype calls, at the time of the scheduled video conference, our client care team will send an invitation via e-mail that includes a link to the video conference call. When you clink on the link in the e-mail, you will automatically be started in the call with the veterinarian. (Please note that if you do not see the e-mail link in your in box please check spam/junk mail folders). For the PetPro app., the call will cone directly to your phone at the time of your appointment. This may sound like many steps; however, it is easier than it sounds and we are here to help you walk through these steps as needed. We are instituting all that is necessary for our team to stay in touch with you and your furry family members during this time to assist you with their medical needs.
Home Delivery of Your Pet's Medication and/or Food (Click on Link):
For our clients who have concerns about their pet and due to Covid-19 concerns can not visit the office in-person, we encourage you to contact our staff to discuss all of these options in detail so that we can assist you in caring for your pet while keeping you and your family safe.
If your pet requires immediate emergency care, please contact either of the local 24-hour emergency centers below.
1) New England Animal Medical Center
595 West Center Street
West Bridgewater, MA
(508) 580-2515 (Emergencies)
2) VCA South Shore (Weymouth)
595 Columbian Street
South Weymouth, MA 02190
We want to ensure our clients that we are taking the necessary measures to continue to offer the needed medical care for your furry family members throughout this period of time while protecting the health and safety of you, your family, and our staff.
Thank you for entrusting us with your pet's care and please contact our knowledgeable staff with any questions or concerns as we are available in the office, by phone, e-mail, or Facebook to assist you.