Coronavirus: Important Policy Changes Effective 3/16/2020
To respect our client's health and safety, East Bridgewater Veterinary Hospital is addressing the serious concerns with Covid-19. In accordance with CDC and MA Public Health recommendations, we have implemented the following policy ask our clients to please remain in their car and not enter the building to reduce the risk of transmission. As a result we are implementing video conferencing services, home delivery of medications and food, and curb side options. Please call to discuss these options with our staff as described below.
In addition, please understand that we may ask for distance and our staff will utilize gloves and masks as well as other personal protective equipment in order to protect the health of you and our staff. As we continue to prioritize cleanliness, we want to ensure our clients that our staff is continuing to perform a thorough cleaning after each appointment, including a wipe down of the exam room and equipment. We also want to ensure you that it has been our long standing policy to perform a deep cleaning and disinfection of the hospital every evening.
Appointment and Care Options During the Covid-19 Pandemic
For wellness, urgent care visits, and elective procedures, we are performing Curb-Side appointments. When you arrive at your appointment time, please pull along the building into one of the numbered locations. This is not a line, simply a location for our team to know where you are parked. Please call our office 508-378-2700 (please dial again if the line is busy as we are doing our best to accommodate the increased phone calls).
Curb Side Delivery and Pick-Up:
In order to limit in-person contact, our staff will take your pet from your vehicle into the hospital for examination, diagnostics, and treatment as needed while you wait in the car. We will discuss any concerns over the phone to limit person to person contact. We are also able to deliver medications and food directly to your car curb side. In order to arrange for these services, please all a member of our client care team at 508-378-2700.
Video Conference Appointments:
This way you can arrange for an appointment time to discuss all your pet's health care needs utilizing a real time face to face consultation with our expert team so that we can continue to assist with your needs during this serious human health pandemic.
Arranging For Video Consulting Services for EBVH Clients:
1. Please call and speak to our client care team to arrange for an appointment for video consulting at 508-378-2700.
2. You can download PetPro for videoconference or we can utilize Skype and set up a Skype account.
How to download Skype and set up an account (Click on Link): https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/
3. You will need a computer with video conference capability (including working camera, speakers, and microphone) and Internet connectivity or a mobile device with video chat capabilities which are standard for most modern smart phones. You will also need an e-mail address for us to forward the video conference invitation link to.
4. Once you have a Skype account and an appointment, our client care team will call at the time of the appointment to arrange for payment over the phone with a credit card. The cost of a 30 minute video consult will be the same as our in-person appointments ($65 examination/professional time fee) and includes video consultation with one of our veterinarians so that we can visually examine your pet utilizing video conferencing with your assistance. Our team can then arrange to schedule any diagnostic and/or treatment recommendations that we may have for you and how we can accommodate your pet's medical needs while reducing in-person contact during this human health pandemic.
5. At the time of the scheduled video conference, our client care team will send an invitation via e-mail that includes a link to the video conference call. When you clink on the link in the e-mail, you will automatically be started in the call with the veterinarian. (Please note that if you do not see the e-mail link in your in box please check spam/junk mail folders). This may sound like many steps; however, it is easier than it sounds and we are here to help you walk through these steps as needed. We are instituting all that is necessary for our team to stay in touch with you and your furry family members during this time to assist you with their medical needs.
Home Delivery of Your Pet's Medication and/or Food (Click on Link):
For our clients who have concerns about their pet and due to Covid-19 concerns can not visit the office in-person, we encourage you to contact our staff to discuss all of these options in detail so that we can assist you in caring for your pet while keeping you and your family safe.
We want to ensure our clients that we are taking the necessary measures to continue to offer the needed medical care for your furry family members throughout this period of time while protecting the health and safety of you, your family, and our staff.
Thank you for entrusting us with your pet's care and please contact our knowledgeable staff with any questions or concerns as we are available in the office, by phone, e-mail, or Facebook to assist you.