Here you'll find everything you need about East Bridgewater Veterinary Hospital and how we can help you with your special breeding plans. Dr. O'Connor is a board certified specialist in the area of canine and feline reproduction, obstetrics, neonatology, pediatrics, and medical genetics. We can assist you with all the reproductive needs for your very special plans. If you are interested in our specialty reproductive services,
please e-mail our reproductive team: [email protected]
We schedule complete reproductive examinations that begin with a complete physical exam to assess overall health. Any medical problems are identified and treated appropriately in order to optimize pregnancy success. We are very aware of the risks and benefits of any medication during pregnancy and lactation and are well suited to direct you to the best possible care for your pregnant girl.
- Complete Reproductive Examination
- Vaginal examination to ensure that there are no physical obstructions, such as strictures, vaginal bands, or hyperplasia, that would impede a breeding or whelping.
- Brucella testing - protecting both studs and bitches from a devastating sexually transmitted disease. Testing can be performed on site and results available within 20 minutes.
- Nutritional discussion including foods and dietary supplements - which are helpful and which can be harmful as we plan for pregnancy.
- Ovulation timing
- Artificial Insemination:
- vaginal insemination
- transcervical insemination
- surgical insemination
- Evaluation for pregnancy
- Ultrasound diagnosis with gestational aging
- X-ray - utilizing state of the art digital imaging for accurate litter size counts near term
- Infertility Diagnosis
- Semen Evaluation
- Fresh Chilled Semen Shipments
- Semen Freezing - cryopreservation with long term storage at
- Neonatal and Pediatric Care